This volume is offered to our Heavenly Mother, with Madonna portraits from more than 75 nations, from the Basilica of the Annunciation in the town of Nazareth, accompanied with the Hail Mary prayer in nearly 70 languages.
Humankind has always believed and known that we have a heavenly mother keeping her eye on every single individual with the same love and care as do earthly mothers on their own children. The Heavenly Virgin had already been viewed, even in cultures predating Christianity, as the godly mother of life and birth. People prayed for her for fertility – both human and that of the earth. According to Christian tenets the Heavenly Virgin is the conveyor of the powers of grace and She is the one to lead us to Christ.
The Basilica of the Annunciation in the town of Nazareth in Israel was, according to Roman Catholic tradition, raised over the Cave of the Annunciation, where archangel Gabriel announced the birth of Jesus to the Virgin Mary. Mosaics of 5-6 metres have been accumulating on the walls of the temple, created and donated to the temple by artists of different countries. The Madonna portraits included in the book are accompanied by the Hail Mary prayer in the respective languages of the donating nations.
We wish to help everyone to come closer to Our Heavenly Mother with the pictures and prayers presented in the book. The Heavenly Mother opens the hearts of all people and nations and the Heart of the Universe, to Love!
We wish to extend our thanks and appreciation to the Christian Information Centre in Jerusalem for their permission of the presentation in the volume of the works of art on the walls of the Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth.
162 color pages, hard cover, 133 x 215 mm
Published by Etalon Film Publishing
Price: HUF 2.000
The Church of the Annunciation is a church in Nazareth, in northern Israel. It was established at the site where, according to Roman Catholic tradition, the Annunciation took place.
The current church is a two-story building constructed in 1969 over the site of an earlier Byzantine-era and then Crusader-era church. Inside, the lower level contains the Grotto of the Annunciation, believed by many Christians to be the remains of the original childhood home of Mary.
The first shrine was probably built sometime in the middle of the 4th century, comprising an altar in the cave in which Mary had lived. A larger structure was commissioned by Emperor Constantine I, who had directed his mother, Saint Helena, to found churches commemorating important events in Jesus Christ’s life.
The second church was built over the ruins of the Byzantine era church during the Crusades, following the conquest of Nazareth in 1102 by Tancred, the Norman leader of the First Crusade who later became Prince of Galilee. The Crusader era church was never fully completed. In 1260, Baybars, the fourth Sultan of Egypt and his Mamluk army destroyed the church during their attack on Nazareth. A small number of Franciscans managed to stay in the city though, and with the support of local Christian families they took care of the church in the three centuries that followed.
In 1620 they constructed a small structure to enclose the holy grotto. In 1730 construction of a new church was permitted, which became a central gathering place for Nazareth Latin community. The church was enlarged in 1877, and then completely demolished in 1954 to allow for the construction of a new basilica, which was completed in 1969. In this basilica is a gallery with mosaics representing some of the most important Marian devotions in different countries.
Publisher: Etalon Film Kiadó
Address: Hungary, 1026 Budapest Endrődi Sándor u. 60/A
Company registration number: 01-09-875390
Phone/Fax: +36 1 275-0926
E-mail address: email@example.com
2 + 3 = ? Please prove that you are human by solving the equation *